Barr`s lane
Scroll down to find out more about the property.
Click on images or Charmouth Home to return back.
Barrs Lane runs between Charmouth lodge (formerly the "Limes") and the row of shops and leads to the Recreation Ground behind.

Barr's Lane". When or how it acquired its name is not known. It used to be known as "Pryer's Lane" since H.H.Pryer or his father built the two cottages at the end of the lane and called them "Fryer's Villas . Fortunately the original name has disappeared from the pillars of the entrance. Mrs. Hoddy lived here in 1890. She later changed her name to Hamilton.