8 Abbey Green.Bath.
An illustrated look back at its Past.
Tenement. KE 1750
Like no. 9 Abbey Green this property was probably set back. In 1716 and earlier it was leased by the Atwoods, but by 1726 at least it was in the hands of John Crouch, barber and periwig-maker. In the Kingston rental of 1774 it appears as "Mr Chivers for Crouch's house in the Abby Green". It appears to be one of "Earl Manvers Houses". The site is now Sixes and Sevens, 8 Abbey Green.