Minsons Common, Lower Sea Lane, Charmouth.
Scroll down to find out more
Click on Charmouth Home to return back.
Also in 1843 Minsons Common was purchased from William Burnard. Described in deeds as being in Mill Lane or otherwise Seaside Lane. It was formerly called The Common and was sold to Joseph Durston in 1769 by Robert Minsons.
An auction ten years before of some of his estate includes Minson ' s Common, Double Common and Sea View in Lower Sea Lane as well as a number of houses. Old Postcards of the time show his Stone Masons workshops and yard spread over the field known as Pear Close which covered the corner of The Street and Lower Sea Lane as far as Wesley Close and the Abbots House.

August 9th 1921

A FREEHOLD ACCOMMODATION FIELD of Choice MEADOW LAND, adjoining Lot 1, with a frontage about 118 feet, and known " Minson's Common,"

The adjoining property now known as "The Well Head", used to be the Farm House for Foxley Farm and was bought by John Minson of Eype in 1711 has deeds that are relevant. For in 1735 Anthony Ellesden, the Lord of the Manor, granted to John Minson...all that cottage in Charmouth called Guppy`s tenement, consisting of a Messuage , garden and meadow called Common Close containing 1 acre and common Pasture in a Common called Langmore with the appurtenances were formerly in the possession of George Mantle.

1769 Joseph Durston`s buys mill Lane (then known as the common) from Robert Minson.
1771 Mrs Benedicta Durston lets to Thomas Rickard , Carpenters shop (Ida`s shop)in lower sea Lane
1778 Agreement with Mrs Durston to make road which is now Lower Sea Lane

1754 Mr Minson for Joynes Common.
"Single Common", sold in 1769 by Robert Minson of Eype and called "Minson's Common" or "The Common".