Lyme Regis in 1909

Click on image or on Charmouth Home to return back.
These images are from an album of photographs of Lyme Regis taken in the year 1909 by a visitor to the town
A panoramic view of Lyme Regis, the four sections are shown below
The Cobb in 1909
The Cobb in 1909
Blue Lias Rocks on the East Beach
The White Steam Laundary in Mill Green, Lyme Regis
Charmouth Road, Lyme Regis
Granny`s Teeth on the Cobb, Lyme Regis
Market Day in Lyme Regis
Sherbourne Lane in Lyme Regis
Buddle Bridge where the river Lym runs into the sea.
  Cousens & Company's paddle steamer 'Victoria' arrives from Weymouth. Victoria Pier used to be known as Crab Head until it was renamed following a visit by Princess Victoria with her mother the Duchess of Kent. On 31 July 1833,
The Victoria Steam Packet
Cosens' Victoria was a regular visitor until 1932 on her summer coasting trip once a week from Weymouth calling at West Bay, Lyme Regis and Seaton with extensions sometimes onwards to Torquay.
Charmouth Road, Lyme Regis
Lyme Fair. There were two fairs a year. This was probaly the Onion Fair held in October.
The Old Fossil Shop, Lyme Regis