(3) The Parsonage, Masons Lane, Bradford on Avon

The Parsonage in Mason`s Lane was aquired by the Ecclesiastical Commisioners in 1844 and was occupied by the recerend J. C. Earle who successded Bradney as vicar at Christchurch. It had been built as a private house aome time after 1819 by James Budgett.
James Budgett (1765-1842). According to Robson`s Commercial Directory for 1839 he was in business in the Old Market as Grocer, Cheesemonger, Tallow Chandler ans agent for the Standard of England Lifge Office. The shop of what is now number 32, facing Coppice Hill, where the Old Market Hall stood. The business subsequently became Budgett and Jones.

The Parsonage can be seen with its bow front in the centre of this painting by Elizabeth Tackle c.1850
1837 Map of Town showing the Parsonage as number 642