Reginald Pavey - Famous Local Historian (1884-1973)
Scroll down to find out more about the property.
Click on images or Charmouth Home to return back.
Although Reginald Pavey recorded the village in his Albums and notebooks for nearly 50 years, photographs of him are very scarce. these are the only that we have so far traced. The first is of him as a scoutmaster soon after moved back to the village in 1926 and the other in 1950 when he opened the Tennis Club changing rooms with the builder W.Mills. He had been born in the village in 1884 and lived for awhile at Charmouth Lodge, then called the Limes. After a time as a teacher at Clifton School he returned and spent the rest of his life here living at the Well Head. The Pavey Group was founded in recognition of the important part he played in recording its past until his death in 1973.