The Shops on the South side of The Street - Charmouth
Scroll down to find out more about the property.
Click on images or Charmouth Home to return back.
 
1887
1928
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Freeholds  at Charmouth
Considerable local interest was shown in the auction sale of the late Harry W. Pryer's freehold estate, conducted at The Church Hall, Charmouth, last week, by Messrs. W.Palmer & Co. And R.C. Snell. Ltd., of Axminster. A piece of Garden Land, with Stabling. & c., known as " Streets Tenement", having frontage of about 65 feet to the Main Street, was acquired by Mr. C. Stapleforth, of Charmouth, at £370. A building site, with the workshops, at the corner of Lower Sea Lane and the Main Street, realised £270 to Mr. James Bragg of Lyme Regis. The adjacent site, with frontage of about 68 feet, went to Mr. C.E. Lille, of Charmouth at £240, and at £400 Mr. C.J. Stapleforth purchased "Pear Close." About an acre of pasture land, with frontage to Lower Sea Lane. " Stanley house," with its small lawn, was sold to Mr. H.G. Newberry, of Charmouth at £700. Three slated cottages, with gardens, called "Hillcote," at the head of the town realised £460, to Miss L Abson, of Morecombelake. A pair of dwelling houses, known as " May and Swiss Cottages," with the large garden adjoining Mill Lane and the Main Street was withdrawn at £360.
Messrs. William Forward & Sons of Axminster, were the solicitor acting for the trustees.